I’ve officially hit the ten book mark on my book tour. So far so good. I’ve read:
1. Here comes the sun by Nicole Dennis-Benn.
2. Manchester Happened by Jennifer Makumbi.
3. Trust Exercises by Susan Choi.
4. Such a Fun Age! by Kiley Reid.
5. On Earth We Are Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong.
6. The Death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi.
7. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood.
8. The Testaments by Margaret Atwood.
9. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
10. The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
It’s been exhausting but very fulfilling too. I’ve decided to take a break from reading this year as there are a lot of personal matters to attend to and I probably won’t have enough time to sit on my ass reading fictional books anymore.
Reading these books has been worth it. These characters gave me a hug when I needed it. They entertained me and kept me busy in times of idleness. It’s been a hard year for everyone. Very little human contact. We’ve been forced to be in solitude, which is something I’m scared of but somehow find myself in. Solitude.
Well, now I have to put the novels aside for minute and face what’s coming. This is not goodbye forever. It’s a see you soon.
Take care and keep reading!